BALM Family Program
We strongly encourage families to participate in both the BALM Family Program, as well as weekly or bi-weekly family sessions with your loved one. The family sessions with your loved ones are guided by our Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor. Topics can include enabling & boundary setting and will include family therapies that can help you and your loved one communicate better and help you to support your loved one during and after treatment.
Introducing the 24/7 BALM Family Recovery Education Program
Research shows that when a family also gets help, the struggling loved one has a much greater chance of attaining and maintaining recovery. Yet, many families whose loved ones DO get treatment maintain their own:
• disrespect for treatment professionals
• ‘need’ to advocate for their loved ones will rather than for their recovery
• feeling that they can only be okay if their loved one is okay.
• are only useful in their ability to provide payments,
• must turn their back on their struggling loved one to be effective.
• able to contribute consistently to their loved one’s recovery rather than their addiction
• partnering with their treatment providers as true advocates of their loved one’s recovery.
If you have any additional questions or would like to talk to someone, please call us now at (442) 666-8526 or fill out the contact form below: